We are just about 4 months out from our stem cell journey. 4 months ago today we were arriving in Panama. I had to share this picture of Colt riding his bike to school because it has a funny story to go with it. The school rule is you can't ride your bikes unless you're 3rd grade and up- well, Colt is 4th grade but little brother is 1st grade. So we had to stop riding to school. Colt was not happy with this arrangement, so he was giving me a hard time about it relentlessly. I finally told him to take it up with "the man." Go talk to the Assistant Principal if you don't like the rule. I was kidding, of course, and I never in a million years thought he would. I was trying to get him off my case.
Sure enough, he marched up to him that week and negotiated his case. Last school year, Colt would barely say hi, let alone strike up a conversation like this with an adult. The Assistant Principal told me he was so shocked by the conversation, he ended up telling him that as long as they had an adult with them- they could ride again. So today we were back at it!
We also had the 3rd annual Special Olympics. It was such an amazing experience. He was so much less nervous, and really into it this year! Here are a few videos of the school yard, the olympics and lastly.......this kid got on a dirt bike by choice and rode it. HE HATES LOUD NOISES. We couldn't get him to even sit on it while it was off a few months ago. He rode it! And loved it. I am floored. Just absolutely shocked and SO grateful.




This is our journal to share our experience with Stem Cell Treatment in Panama, thanks for following along!
curious how your son is doing now?
ReplyDelete