3 month post SCT update...

February 25, 2019

I received the email today from Panama to update them on our progress. I can’t believe it’s been three months already. It’s hard for me to put to words all of the little changes we see- but they all add up. Language is probably the biggest change, he’s using so many new words and phrases. He was recently retested in speech, and when compared to his October test scores- he’s made some great progress in Expressive Language.

He’s been much braver and trying more new things. He’s been watching little brother do crazy things and not to be outdone, started trying some new stuff on the bike. That’s a pretty big deal for this kid who is normally extremely cautious and timid for things like this.

He’s also been wanting to be more independent. Dressing himself, taking showers and handling most of his own personal care needs (teeth brushing, hair washing, etc.). Pre-SCT he wanted us to do everything for him. And I’d bet he still would like the help but he’s been much more eager to try on his own.

We were told it could take six months to see any changes so I’m looking forward to potentially more changes. He recently had a cold/fever and it was very tame compared to how his body would normally handle a cold. Stem cells can do wonders for an immune system. I hope this is the new normal for him, as we have a history of being sick pretty often.
1 comment on "3 month post SCT update... "

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature