Ten days post SCT update...

December 12, 2018

I was going to do an update soon, but didn’t have anything good to share just yet... but I think he may have done something new tonight. First, in an effort to be totally honest about this journey, I will say things have been super rough behavior wise. I was warned that the first 1-2 months can be a roller coaster, and it has been just that. He’s been very moody and irritable pretty much everyday since we have been home. It feels like living with a hormonal teenager; don’t look at him wrong or suffer the full wrath of his attitude. 

I was about in tears tonight because I was feeling a little overwhelmed with his moods, and it was a rough afternoon of doors slamming and tears and hurt feelings over everything. It takes very little to set him off right now. After he calmed down a little, he asked if he could have the white board and he sat down alone and wrote out his numbers to 20. I didn’t ask him to do it, and I have never seen him do this. I asked his previous teacher who had him three years in a row if she had ever seen this, trying to confirm whether or not this was truly something new. She said she had never seen him do this in one sitting, with this level of concentration and self-correction when a mistake was made. I happened to catch it all on video! Thankful for this little moment of encouragement, it came right when it was needed most. 


1 comment on "Ten days post SCT update..."
  1. That’s awesome! Love that there was something to keep you encouraged. Sending much love and many prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature