New Year, New Update...

January 30, 2019
Okay, so I have been terrible about updating this. It's mostly because it's very hard to put to words what I have seen change. It's all very small things since that last epic dentist visit. A lot of little things. But don't they say- it's the little things that make life sweet?

One big change around here, we ditched the electronics. We took the games off of the iPad about a month ago, and then two weeks ago just ditched the devices entirely. I have seen a MARKED improvement in his behavior. Both of them really. Very little pushback from them too, which is fantastic. I am reading a book called "Reset Your Child's Brain." If you want to be scared to death about what cell phones, gaming and electronics are doing to our children's brains- read this. Colt is at a higher risk of this given he has developmental delays, ADHD and behavior issues. We notice a huge difference in negative behavior when he's just had iPad time.

Back to the update.....he's taken more of an interest in doing things like writing. See below. A totally unprompted session of him getting the paper, stapler and wanting to write math facts. I did help with the math a little, but the fact that he WANTED to do this is completely new.

He's also started wanting to be more independent. He has fine motor trouble, and gets frustrated very easily with things like zippers, socks, etc. He's been dressing himself for the last two weeks since school started- and what's more- he doesn't want my help when I offer it.

He's also been eating a little better. Not a lot. But definitely an improvement.

Can't wait to see what else unfolds. Hope everyone is having a great start to 2019!





1 comment on "New Year, New Update..."
  1. Hi,
    I stumbled upon your blog from a facebook post. My jaw dropped reading this post because my son, who had IVIG for the first time 2 months ago, is displaying extremely similar improvements to your son from stem cells. I describe my sons improvements as a bunch of small changes every day - around eating (less fussy, no gagging), being more independent (wanting to dress himself for the first time, telling me to leave and he can do it himself), wanting to draw, and write, for the first time EVER too! Another thing too is that my son was diagnosed with PANDAS in addition (or perhaps instead of?) autism, and had chorea movements and vocal and motor tics, which are all non-existent now! Anyways, sorry for the long comment, I just felt compelled to share the similar improvements with our sons at this point!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature